Keep exploring each other
When you just get together, you constantly discover new things from each other. You discover his or her good qualities, and if the worst in love begins to fade, also the less fun features.
You want to know everything from the other. You are very interested in each other and each other’s life.
But the times change. You will not last forever under the influence of these hormones. If you are longer together, you will focus more on your own life, your career, the children. Your relationship may feel self-evident, while of course it is absolutely not.
Take some time for each other
To keep your relationship nice and stable, you must work on a solid basis. Occasionally time to time, time to deepen your relationship.
Take the time for a Short Relationship Checkup. An evening on which you calmly talk about your life together, about your fears, dreams, future vision and love for each other.
Sometimes one good conversation can be the basis for a wonderful relationship in the coming months. So book a night, open a good bottle of wine and take time for your relationship!
Questions to align
The following fifteen questions form the basis for an interesting conversation. Take the questions for you, and take the time to look for the answers. First ask the questions to your partner, then let your partner put them to you.
Realize that you are doing the best to listen when you ask the questions. So do not give any suggestions, do not comment and have no judgment. Listen to what your partner has to say, and ask questions to find out what the real answers to the questions are.
You do not have to go through the questions quickly. Make a conversation quietly. If you find out that you are talking about this topic, you can continue with the following question.
Relationship Checkup: 15 Questions
- How would your life be more fun?
- What do you need to be happy?
- What is your biggest dream?
- What, in your opinion, is the biggest obstacle to this dream?
- How can I support you to realize this dream?
- In what area do you want to develop with me?
- What are you most afraid of?
- How you love your love to me?
- How would you like me to express my love to you?
- What do you think I find your nicest feature?
- What do you think I find your most annoying feature?
- What do you like most about me?
- What do you think is the most annoying thing to me?
- Why do you want to be with me?
- What are you most grateful for in our relationship?
If it’s right, these questions will generate an interesting and sometimes confrontational and loving conversation. Would you like other things to exchange in your relationship? Do not hesitate to ask for some extra questions!
More tips to develop your relationship?
Do you want to deepen your relationship, and learn how to keep together together long and happy? Check some other posts…